Warande – pièce-unique furniture with wood from the Parc Royal Brussels
For the 2022 edition of Brussels Design September we have the pleasure to present our latest collaboration with the designer/makers of studio PART. Together with craftsmen from the Sonian Wood Coop workshop, studio PART has developed the WARANDE collection.
WARANDE is pièce-unique furniture made from the recently replanted royal chestnut trees of the Warandepark Brussels. WARANDE is about a unique, noble resource turned into monumental, long-lasting objects. WARANDE is cultural and natural heritage transformed into vision.
During Brussels Design September, the workshop of the Sonian Wood Coop will host an exhibition that tells the fascinating story of WARANDE.
The WARANDE exhibition
Dates: 13.09 – 30.09
Opening hours : Mon. to Fri. : 9am > 5pm
Address: Circularium, Rue Heyvaert 140, 1080 Molenbeek-Saint-Jean
Parking behind the entrance gate
- WARANDE – unique furniture with wood from the Parc Royal BrusselsFor the 2022 edition of Brussels Design September we have the pleasure to present our latest collaboration with the designers/makers of studio PART. Together with the craftspeople from the Sonian Wood Coop, studio PART has developed the WARANDE … Read more
- Proudly launching the Limited Edition “Parquet de Soignes”Today we celebrate the launch of Parquet de Soignes, our latest Limited Edition created with wood grown in the Sonian Forest.
- What happened during the first Local Wood Summit in Europe?Assembly of the trailblazers On Friday Fri. 20th – Sat. 21st of November 2020 pioneers in working with local wood from different countries came together. During this two-day event about 60 participants joined the momentum and exchanged on … Read more
- 1st LOCAL WOOD Summit1st LOCAL WOOD Summit ? Fri. 20th – Sat. 21st of November 2020 ? Online event Join the trailblazers of the local wood movements (AMS, BXL, AN) for what will be the first ever LOCAL WOOD summit organized … Read more
- Talk and exhibition on the urban metabolism of trees at CIVA, 10th OctoberAn evening at CIVA dedicated to the Sonian Forest and its wood. The forest of Soignes has always been a precious resource: firewood, timber, hunting. In addition to being a prestigious hunting property, there were times when the … Read more
- Grand opening of Sonian Wood POP UPA pop up wood yard in the centre of Brussels? Yes! On October 10 2020 we will launch our new space to discover – and touch – our local wood. The Sonian Wood POP UP is part of … Read more
- Urban wood movement shows way to resilienceYou can add the forestry sector to the long list of industries that have received a hard blow from the Covid-19 disaster. Less visible than closed cafés and restaurants, many companies in the business of converting trees into … Read more
- Wood in the sawmillWood in the sawmill EN Converting trees into usable timber is a long process demanding know-how, equipment…and above all patience. We are fortunate to work with two Belgian sawmills mastering the conversion of broadleaf wood into planks and … Read more
- Coop now officially registeredCoop now officially registered EN It was an unusual launch party on May 1 when members of the Urban Ecology Centre Brussels, Walden Project and Osmos celebrated the official launch of the Sonian Wood Coop. on-line. A first … Read more